A few years back after a major upheaval I knew something had to change. Once you start getting serious with God, he gets serious with you. He will offer his advice even when you don’t ask for it. Having to learn it was wise to listen, he informed me my “thinking” needed an extensive adjustment.
Somewhat agitated by his concern for my introspection I agreed to his guidelines since he is after all God.
After reading it once, I have used it as a reference for many thoughts, reasoning’s or questions bombarding my mind over and over. The poor book is smothered in wrinkles, orange, green, yellow and pink highlighting and bookmarks. It almost looks as used as my Bibles.
The enemy first attacks us in our thoughts or minds. He is subtle using a simple thought that will eventually lead to a “hostile takeover.” Just like in a war, we need to know everything about the enemy. His strong points, weaknesses, habits and how he operates.
2 Corinthians 10: 4-5 “Our weapons of warfare are not carnal, but are mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself above the knowledge of God bringing every thought into the obedience of Christ which is the Word of God. “
The following are a few but not limited to ways he operates:
- Satan’s biggest hindrance to gaining entrance into anyone is God’s Love. Demons cannot duplicate the fruits of the spirit.
- God-likeness or masquerading as an angel of light
- God is the only one to be worshipped. Idolatry of all kinds is a direct line of his work.
- Evil thoughts and temptations to sin are green lights of a demonic spirit’s presence
- Lying, gossip, adultery, other religions are demonic in nature. He uses doubt, worry, fear and unbelief to destroy any thoughts of victory. Their intent is to embody themselves in humans to express themselves fully.
- The Spirit of Divination has taken on many forms. Clairvoyance, mediums, mental telepathy, astrology, fortune telling are obviously under the influence of evil or familiar spirits.
- Sinful inherited traits or curses that have never been broken
How do we deal with demonic spirits?
Certain spirits must be dealt with in different ways.
- Evil spirits of threats like anger or unreasonableness, false accusations or mocking should simply be ignored. Isaiah 53: 7 “He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.”
- The spirit of torment attacks our thought life. This is why it is so important to keep our minds on the things of God. Read the Bible out loud, pray, speak the name of Jesus.
- Rebuke or cast them out: James 4:7 “Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.” Mel Bond says it does no good to yell or swipe at them if you sense their presence. They will only laugh at you.
One verse that has always struck me as revealing the power of Jesus word is: Matthew 8:16 “When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.”
Jesus told them to go or leave. He rebuked sickness by speaking to the sickness. (Luke 4)
Jesus himself would often go somewhere to be alone with his Father. If he needed it, don’t we?
The presence of God is a rejuvenator, a refresher course all in one. The Bible is a belt of truth, a shield and sword. (Ephesians 6:10-18)
Related Articles by some of my blogging friends:
Copyright @ 2013 All Rights Reserved